Drawing Tool a little sluggish / laggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing Tool a little sluggish / laggy

When drawing FAST strokes with the drawing tool, the "ink" lags behind my stylus. And it's not only a "feeling" issue, it actually affects how strokes are rendered. For example, If I draw a jagged line with 2 inch magnitude, the rendering does not keep up, the software smooths the line to only have 1 inch magnitude. Similarly, if I try to draw a circle too fast, it feels like the brush rendering lags behind, and does not properly close the circle at the end, leaving a gap. In other words, my stylus finished drawing the circle, but the software did not keep up, leaving a gap at the end.

When drawing slow strokes, this is not really an issue. Just seems like it affects the accuracy any time I draw too fast.

I'm drawing on a Surface Pro 3. Not sure if CACANi uses WinTab or TabletPC drivers? In any case, the pressure sensitivity is working fine.

I'd guess you probably just need to turn down the smoothing on the drawing tool. The setting is on the top of the screen there, right by the opacity and size settings.

Comment

Hi artbiddy turn off cling and place 0 to smooth as mentioned Krisoyo :

Comment

Very small pic new >>>
        Turn off all Cling:

Comment

Correct, you will need to use the "smoothing" option, and test it to your personal liking.

Last edited by Jvelasco; 12-05-2014, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Worked like a charm! Low smoothness feels a lot better since I use fast / messy strokes! Thanks so much!

Comment

• Jvelasco
              Jvelasco commented
              Editing a comment
              Glad it worked!
          Working...
          X