My Animation Tests and Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Animation Tests and Projects

I feel like I'm getting a handle on the program, and it's potential is so cool. I'm working on making a silent animation, and for the beginning, the alarm clock goes off and it bounces up and down as it does so. Here's what it looks like right now: http://joegp.com/wp-content/uploads/...lock-loop1.gif

I found that I actually prefer 12 FPS, even though it's obviously just as easy to make it 24. Just as we've all gotten accustomed to 24 FPS for film, and Peter Jackson's 48 FPS looked kind of weird, I feel that, at least for my animation style, not doing it in 12 had a similar effect. It somehow makes it feel more hand-drawn to have that traditional framerate.

It's so awesome to make keyframes and just tweak the timing on a slider, instead of having to physically draw everything and hope for the best. I'll post more updates on my animation as I continue with it. Really excited about the potential of this program.

lol, that's a pretty energetic clock....yup, animations tend to be done on twos, or 12 fps, or even threes (8fps) to cut down on work. And, too high a framerate does give that uncanny effect of rotoscoping, among other things.

Just wondering, you've exported it without anti-aliasing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hongze View Post
      Just wondering, you've exported it without anti-aliasing?
      Hmm...not to my knowledge! I just made a version without anti-aliasing to compare: http://joegp.com/wp-content/uploads/...anti-alias.gif

It looks like the numbers and lines inside the clock were anti-aliased on the first one, but yeah, the edge does look sharp.

Comment

Haha, neat! A very simple animation, but I love it~

Comment

Krisoyo I agree!

JoeGP Can I know what kind of graphics card you're running CACANi on? If you're unsure, you can do this:
          1. Go to Start Menu
          2. Type 'system information' and press Enter to access Windows 7's System Information panel.
          3. Under File, choose Save, to save the information as a .nfo file.
          4. Then send me the .nfo file (hongze@cacani.sg).

Comment

Originally posted by Krisoyo View Post
            Haha, neat! A very simple animation, but I love it~
            Hey, thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X