Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Background Layer

Hello there! ^v^)/

I haven't found a part of the forum, where you can post question, if you don't find your answer in the manual.
    So I just thought the chit chat section found be fitting.

I was wondering, if it's possible to have a 'fixed' layer where you can put in your background so it shows on all the frames?
    Without loading the background image again and again into every frame.

I usually do the animation seperately and put the background in when I use after effects to keep the file in cacani small.
    But sometimes when the animation interact with the background it's necessary for me to see the background.

I am pretty sure I overlooked this option or didn't use the right search word in the manual, so please enlighten me.

Ps: I just started using cacani recently so please excuse my lack of knowledge

best wished
    nighty
    Last edited by Nightmaker; 10-22-2016, 09:52 PM. Reason: background, layer, question

Put the background in its own cel, drag the frame for as long as you need, and click "Hold current frame"

I feel like there should be a way to just type in a number for how long you want to hold the frame, but I don't know where that option would be, if it is there. But I do know for sure you can do the dragging method.
    Last edited by CockatriceWright; 10-23-2016, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CockatriceWright View Post
      Put the background in its own cel and then hold the frame for as long as you need.

Ah! I should have known it was this easy, haha. Thank you so much! <3

Comment

Originally posted by CockatriceWright View Post
        Put the background in its own cel, drag the frame for as long as you need, and click "Hold current frame"

I feel like there should be a way to just type in a number for how long you want to hold the frame, but I don't know where that option would be, if it is there. But I do know for sure you can do the dragging method.

Well i will just have to adjust accordingly. I usually play around with adding ones to my twos so I am used to adjusting it a lot. Thanks again though.

Comment

Working...
        X