Inability to import audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inability to import audio?

I have been reading up on this software for the last few weeks and so far have been incredibly impressed! One thing, however, has worried me. Apparently, it isn't possible to import a simple audio track? I suppose that feature might not have been the focus while developing CACANi as it was created with anime productions in mind, most of which (please correct me if I'm wrong) do all the animation and lip syncing first with vocal recordings done afterward.

That may be fine, but as western (U.S. and Latin America based) animator, this is completely unnaceptable as we record our voices first and animate to them last. I apologize if I have this information about the program wrong, but the thing is I have a few animation projects lined up in which the voices have already been recorded and I am DESPERATE to abandon Flash and switch to this software. This product looks amazing, but not having the ability to import audio is a total deal breaker! No fancy automated lip syncing or detection or anything like that, just the ability to import a simple audio track.

I would love to buy this product if this ability is included! When would see this feature added?
    Last edited by AChainedReaction; 04-24-2015, 09:35 AM.

You could use papagayo.
    http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/

Dale
    Last edited by dueyftw; 04-28-2015, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Hey, man thanks for your response and tutorial! It's very helpful. I am however faced with another problem, timing for sound effects and music. I'm planning on setting animation to pre-recorded instrumental music and it'd help to be able to listen to get the timing and blocking just right. This method using Papagayo is an excellent workaround, however the ability to import an audio track is still desperately needed.

I only hope the development team takes care of this TREMENDOUS oversight as soon as they possibly can. With audio playback support, this program could very well save 2D animation!
      Last edited by AChainedReaction; 05-04-2015, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Two things, papagayo.can be used with any animation program. The other is your right about the audio, but for me I need to see the wave form even more than hearing the sound. You and scrup back an forth all day with out being sure on what frame a sound starts.

The other thing is that this program has potential as they work on it. But for me I use Anime Studio for animation and use CACANi for the features that it doesn't have. I would love to see CACANi get better exports.( and imports) One to Anime Studio and Flash. The SVG doesn't cut it for those two programs.

Dale
        Last edited by dueyftw; 05-04-2015, 09:23 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by dueyftw View Post
          Two things, papagayo.can be used with any animation program. The other is your right about the audio, but for me I need to see the wave form even more than hearing the sound. You and scrup back an forth all day with out being sure on what frame a sound starts.
          Dale
          Well, when you import an audio file into Adobe Flash, you can both see and hear the wavevorm in the timeline. You can scrub the playhead frame by frame listening to each frame's audio to draw and time actions and cuts accordingly. It is SO easy and convenient! This is what it looks like in Flash: http://coursesweb.net/flash/imgs/sound_motion_tween.jpg

I hope someone also develops a Flash script for easier compatibility with Papagayo as well. Thanks, again!
          Last edited by AChainedReaction; 05-04-2015, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Most animation programs show the wave form. I mention it because odds are the people who will add sound are not animators, but programers. Personally I would rather CACANi took the approach as Vue. Vue can be a stand alone environment program, or as an add on in most 3D animation programs.

Papagayo has an importer for After effects. None for Flash. So you would use the same method as I showed for CACANi.

Dale

Comment

Thank you for the query! Yes, please rest assured that we're working on the audio import right now. We do not have a fixed date of release yet however.

Comment

Working...
              X