NEW Feature Suggestions (HERE)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Feature Suggestions (HERE)

Everyone has their own wishlist of features, and we want to heard them. After you are familiar with CACANi and its capabilities, if there is any abilities, or tools that you wish to be considered for future incarnation of the software. Please write them here.

Could put a "magnetic tool".
    This would be very useful. Imagine making a key, copy it and then adjust with the magnetic tool, and apply the automatic inbetween.

Could use this to move heads, arms, legs, with just a drawing.

Comment

• Jvelasco
      Jvelasco commented
      Editing a comment
      Very interesting! What software is the demo from?

Hi Jose The software is animestudio.
    I think this feature would be powerful, along with the automatic Cacani inbetweening.

Comment

• Jvelasco
      Jvelasco commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, great. Thanks Max. We will definitely study this.

I could use an eps file export.

Dale

Comment

• Jvelasco
      Jvelasco commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Dale, right, we will certainly look into it.

Ability to import sound for lip sync

Comment

• Jvelasco
      Jvelasco commented
      Editing a comment
      We are looking into the audio for sure. Lip sync would be ideal. Definitely in the list for consideration.

Having Lip sync in CACANi would require a new type of cell. The new 'Cell' would allow only one attribute on the time line. Example. Lets say you have mouths drawn in some other program and want them in CACANi
    With the new type of cell, you would put them all in it, but the visibility would be on for only one layer in that cell all other will be invisible. If you change the layer that is visible all the other layer would still be invisible. This change will show up as keys on the time line by allowing a hold through the tweens. Has you have it now Duplicate Selection to hold layers is not very convenient to Lip sync.

Then the next step would be Papagayo support.
    http://www.lostmarble.com/papagayo/

Dale

Comment

Hello Dale, audio is one area of interest for us. The suggestion you proposed is one way to consider when we review the subject. Thanks for this suggestions!
      Last edited by Jvelasco; 12-21-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Just to make an addition to the Lip sync, I think it should also allow users to import their own voice audio, so that it can auto-generate the words said. And if it makes a bit of a mistake and puts the wrong word in, users should be able to correct the text, without mishaps, and without having to draw the mouth individually in a separate layer.

Another feature that I think needs improving is the inbetweens feature. Whenever I draw out keyframes and generate the inbetweens for them, other lines seem to go a little all over the place, meaning that I have to edit each of the inbetweens manually (which is a little stressful). I think that area needs improving, to avoid any gaps on the inbetween frames, or lines having to go off position.

Comment

• Jvelasco
          Jvelasco commented
          Editing a comment
          Hello FCU777, Will consider your suggestion regarding audio.

About the Inbetween improvement, I have a feeling that your result may deal with movement involving 'rotation', or a 'curved path". CACANi handles inbetweens linearly, so if by any chance any movement needs a curved path motion or some form of rotation, you will need to use the 'Bone tool'.

Also I am not sure if you are using the 'QuickFlip', which is a single button press to flips your frames without having to create the inbetweens. You will use this feature when you are tracing the keys, so you can have immediate inbetween feedback of the traced key frames. ( Note: This feature suppose to imitate the paper flipping of the traditional workflow)

Can you post the 2 keys, that way we can see the motion dynamics you are dealing with?

Here are video tutorials on Bones, and Quick-Flip.

Bone Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV46dFf2iVc

Quick Flip Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LIrPyaG03o

• Krisoyo
          Krisoyo commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, and make sure the "auto retain connections" button in the timing window is pressed! ' o')b
          (It won't work on the quick flip though, because quick flip is supposed to be quick. So you'll have to generate the inbetweens to see the final result)
          Last edited by Krisoyo; 12-24-2014, 07:12 PM.

• Jvelasco
          Jvelasco commented
          Editing a comment
          The auto retain connection is a good way to keep strokes connected. But if elements have too much rotation, there will be deformation, hence the strokes will break anyway. None the less like Krisoyo stated, use that feature to help you minimize gaps
          Last edited by Jvelasco; 12-26-2014, 10:11 AM.

Here is one of the animations I did featuring that kind of problem (notice the line going of its position from the characters neck):

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...77-d8bci0l.gif

Comment

Hello FCU777, now i know the problem.

1. You need to extend the neck line (stroke) to meet the lower neck portion of the drawing. It is recommendable that that those strokes have the connection on equal position on the both key frames.

2. Hide the neck strokes that are not meant to be visible on the frames and in-betweens. Take a look at the picture for where to access them

Let me know if this helps

Comment

• juanescacha
            juanescacha commented
            Editing a comment
            What is the difference between hidden strokes and invisible strokes?

Algo interesante seria habilitar una modalida auto generate inbetwening para ir de key en key dibujar y de modo auto se creen la animacion para animaciones rapidas, asi mientras dibujes veas el resultado de inmediato.

English
          Interestingly would enable a modalida auto generate key inbetwening to go in key drawing and animation auto mode for fast animations are created, so while you draw you see the result immediately.

Comment

• Jvelasco
            Jvelasco commented
            Editing a comment
            Sabes que es el "Quick-Flip"?

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LIrPyaG03o

• juanescacha
            juanescacha commented
            Editing a comment
            Quick-Flip muestra una animacion de como serian los in-betweens, quicl-flip muestra solo la animacion entre dos keyframes? o todos los que haya? y si no es asi implementaran una forma de ver un quick-flip de todos los keyframes?

• Jvelasco
            Jvelasco commented
            Editing a comment
            Hola Juanes, en el momento "Quick-Flip" solo funciona entre 2 key frames. En versiones futuras habran mejoras. Tomaremos en mente la sugerencia.

Gracias

Originally posted by Jvelasco View Post
          Hello FCU777, now i know the problem.

1. You need to extend the neck line (stroke) to meet the lower neck portion of the drawing. It is recommendable that that those strokes have the connection on equal position on the both key frames.

2. Hide the neck strokes that are not meant to be visible on the frames and in-betweens. Take a look at the picture for where to access them

Let me know if this helps
          Hum?... me pregunto, cual es la diferencia entre Hiden y Invisible stroke?

English

Hum? ... What is the difference between Hiden and Invisible stroke?

Comment

La differencia de las lineas "Invisibles" y las "escondidas" son que las invisibles actuan como lineas normales solo que no se ven. Las lineas escondidas actuan como si no existieran. La rason es para que CACANi pude mantener las cantidad de lineas equivalentes para poder crear los inbetweens.

Mira la imajen para referencia.
            Last edited by Jvelasco; 12-30-2014, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Entonces la oculta es solo para compensar, en cambio la invisible si es parte de los elementos que en un movimiento rotatorio aparecen? por ejemplo el giro de cabeza o cruce de dedos

Comment

• Jvelasco
                Jvelasco commented
                Editing a comment
                Como dese el usarlo. Estan creadas para ser flexibles. Se creativo con ellos.
                Last edited by Jvelasco; 12-30-2014, 06:32 AM.

In this video Jose Velasco explains it very well.
              It is always good to see the tutorial videos has many valuable INFORMATION.
              I see and I review several times

Comment

Working...
              X