• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yramirez
    replied
    QuickDigital e Yramirez
    Les pedimos de favor esta mejora

En las pruebas de beta tambien habia sugerido sierta facilidad en el bezier tool, en las versiones salientes siempre espero esta mejora pero no se ha realizado, la herramienta continua siendo algo dificil de utilizar para dibujar libremente, aqui nuevamente les dejo un intento de ejemplo y un archivo en pdf editable para estudiar el comportamiento que digo en las imagenes, se que esto ayudara a CACANi y lo pondra mas poderoso.

english

QuickDigital e Yramirez
    We ask you to please this impr
    ovement

In tests of beta had also suggested sierta easily in the tool bezier, on outgoing versions always expect this improvement but has not been performed, continuous tool being somewhat difficult to use to draw freely, here again I leave an attempt of example and a file into editable pdf to study the behavior I say in the images, is that this will help CACANi and will put more powerful.

Una pequeña comparacion de bezier curve
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_B...ew?usp=sharing

The PDF file attachments is a editable vector file for study
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yramirez; 02-25-2015, 11:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CarryOwl
    replied
    Hi! i would like to suggest the addition of a perspective tool and some kind of sound tool. That would be great!

Leave a comment:

• Mikeinel
    replied
    I want to suggest a small feature:
    Adjusting stroke width through "lasso" or "brush"
    Currently, you have to look for a single point of a stroke to adjust it, but if perhaps you can set something like "Stroke Width" and use lasso around point(s) of stroke(s), they will all have the same widths as what was set in "Stroke Width"
    This will come really handy especially for eyelashes, and if you want to thin/thicken many strokes.
    (This feature is similar to Clip Studio's "Correct line width" tool)
    Screenshot

Leave a comment:

• IoKusanagi
    replied
    So far, the product works great, good performance, good pen sensitivity support (I have a Huion Tablet, so having it work with the software is great). There are some features I would want implemented though:

1) As a personal preference, I don't really like the feel of vector based drawing on the whole, but a vector based workflow is useful.
    Is it possible to implement a bitmap to vector conversion feature where you can scan in line drawings from a scanner or import line drawings from another program, and have them be converted to vector, as well as a mass clean function to remove dirt and stray marks from said line drawings? It would really help as some artists still prefer to work with bitmap and or traditional line drawings, but would like to utilize the advantages of vector graphics.

2) A flip view where you can flip just the view of your canvas horizontally so that you can check your drawings as well as draw certain parts easier. Such as the flip horizontally button in Paint tool SAI.

3) While the coloring system works well, at times movement gets really crazy when animating to where character models change in some styles, to where there is no way I can color my animation reliably in the automated fashion. Maybe a system along with the default that allows for the placement of colored hint markings on an inbetween or keyframe that would help the automated process in figuring out what colors go in which region when the original reference frame changes a lot or inbetweens have multiple overlapping parts. The LazyBrush Plugin for TVPaint comes to mind, where you could use colored scribbles to guide the software in painting areas in frames and inbetweens that would otherwise be a pain to correct.

4) An Exposure or X-Sheet Function, an essential animation tool to plan out animation, as well as figure out timing and actions, and making notes as well.

Highly appreciate all the support you've given to the other members, it really helps when developers reach out to ask how they can improve their software or help users troubleshoot problems they have. With a bit more development and additional features, I look forward to someday seeing CACANi as a primary animation tool for 2D Animation for the new generation.
    Last edited by IoKusanagi; 02-17-2015, 11:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FCU777
    replied
    In addition, I also had trouble exporting my animations as transparent gif files. And each time I put transparency on while exporting it, it keeps having a white background around it, despite unticking the background box. This feature of exportation needs fixing.

Leave a comment:

• Jvelasco
    commented on 's reply
    Hello FCU777, CACANi is a supplemental help to the in-betweening process. This means that CACANI will not be able to handle all animation scenarios. For your sample, you will need to draw more manual key frames in order to get better results.

It is not recommended to have the CACANi software in-between a character from a 'profile' to a 'full frontal' view. Time wise is not efficient due to all the tweaking required to make it work. It will be better to in-between characters from a '3/4' view to a 'full frontal', because there is more data that can be use for stroke matching.

We will be uploading more videos over time.

• Jvelasco
    commented on 's reply
    CACAni has the enabling option where it is not required to follow the stroke direction, however it has limitation guessing once there is over 90 degrees rotation. We recommend getting use to following the same same direction.

• QuirkiDigital
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry to barge in, but regarding the body turn, it is because stroke matching was done incorrectly. Take note that for CaCANi, you have to draw corresponding strokes, and ensure each line is drawn in the same direction as the corresponding line of the previous and next frames. I think you could try right clicking and using the "change direction" option for the 1st keyframe of the torso all the way to the keyframe just before the deformity starts, then you can regenerate the in betweens and see if it works out. Hope it works for you!

And I agree! Would love to see more tutorials (seeing new workflow videos would be especially interesting to me )

• FCU777
    replied
    Ah.... recording my workflow is almost impossible for me, because I have difficulty doing that. But in any event, here are two of the examples of the fixed version; one of which includes the backgrounds.

Now, they are not quite finished, and additionally, I have trouble with the walk cycle part, and the body turn and walk cycle, especially with the legs within the animation, and it's quite a drag.

http://sta.sh/0932ppyyd86

http://sta.sh/0ggcfhc85i4

By the way, it is possible to maybe have more tutorials for the software?
    Last edited by FCU777; 01-30-2015, 07:57 AM. Reason: Additional question

Leave a comment:

• Jvelasco
    commented on 's reply
    Hello FCU777, I have seen the sample that you have posted. and I can see that the stroke matching correspondence looks to be incorrect. Have you verified that the drawings are properly stroke matched?

**Incorrect stroke matching will lead into very bad result.

Also are you using the "Quick Flip" feature while trace matching the keys as a way to verify that there isn't any problems with stroke correspondence?
    I would re-trace the two keys again and pay close attention to the stroke matching, which seem to be the problem here.
    Also please record your workflow if possible.
    Last edited by Jvelasco; 01-30-2015, 02:04 AM.

• FCU777
    replied
    Here is an example of that: http://sta.sh/01hp5fjhs5mr

The worst part about this is that I have to manually edit the inbetween frames, which is very time-consuming.

In addition, I was wondering if CACANi files can be editable on ToonBoom; because, I'm seriously having trouble with the frames.
    Last edited by FCU777; 01-29-2015, 05:28 PM. Reason: Additional question

Leave a comment:

• Jvelasco
    commented on 's reply
    Hello FCU777, thanks for your feedback. May I ask you to elaborate regarding the results of the "Bones"? Is there a way you can show us/post your results via a video sample? Can you also post the Key frames in question?

We are looking into expanding our export features.

• FCU777
    replied
    There are three more things that I would like to suggest:

1) Adding a feature which allows users to move the frames to another position within the current cell; as well as allowing users to somewhat rotate their frames either vertically or horizontally, without having to individually edit the frame.

2) The bone tool needs fixing; I followed the exact instructions of the Bone Tool while making one part of the animation, but unfortunately, it didn't work as I expected it to.

3) More optional file formats for export should be allowed such as .swf, .mov. and mp4; so that users can easily have more options on which formats to export their animations, without the hassle. And for imports, since some users might use Photoshop for adding backgrounds, I think psd files should be allowed in the software as an importable format.
    Last edited by FCU777; 01-28-2015, 11:11 AM. Reason: Additional information,

Leave a comment:

• Jvelasco
    commented on 's reply
    Hola Yovanny, gracias por la sugerencia. Si, vamos a ver tu sugerencia mas en detalle!

• yramirez
    replied
    Esta es una sugerencia que ya había hacho y mientras sigo trabajando con CACANi siento la necesidad de poder hacerlo, y es borrar puntos de manera continua para limpiar las líneas, veo esto muy necesario, podría ser en forma de borra o que en un cotejo se active en la herramienta edit stroke un swicht para Erase point stroke, espero se haga esta mejora para agilizar el trabajo.

English
    This is a suggestion that he had hacho and while still working with CACANi feel the need to do so, and it is clear points continuously to clean the lines, I see this very necessary, could be in the form of fluff or in a comparison is active in stroke edit tool to Erase one point swicht stroke, hope this improvement is made to expedite the work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X