X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CACANi Release 1.1.8.10827

CACANi 1.1.8.10827 22/05/2015

New Features / Changes
    • Added ability to use CACANi offline (subscription license -7days, perpetual license -30days, trial -no offline ability)
      • users can activate CACANi on a maximum of 2 different machines
      • users will still need to deactivate the license on their first machine before using it on the second.
    • Added ability to extend subscription duration by entering a new subscription license key
    • Added smoothing modes, 'Medium Smooth' and 'Accurate Smooth', in Drawing Tool
    • Added ability to create 'Hold Frames' when dragging to create new frames in the Cel Bank
    • Added protection to prevent users from moving layers accidentally
    • Added ability in Curve Tool to create sharp corners by holding down the 'X' key
    • Added 'Clipping Mask' feature to hide strokes and objects outside of mask region
    • Added 'Masking range' feature to select how masks affect other layers (Cut, Cel, Layer)
    • Added 'Match All Feature Points' option in Feature Point Tool to identify sharp corners in both key frames
    • Added 'Gray-out Matched Strokes' option in Navigator Panel to help users distinguish between strokes - that are already matched
    • Added 'Select Matched Strokes' option in Navigator Panel to prevent users from selecting matched strokes accidentally
    • Improved Drawing Tool's default clinging behaviour so that stroke adjustment is now more gradual
    • Improved memory consumption when loading reference images
    • Improved masking feature so that unpainted masks can now be exported as transparent regions
    • Reduced OpenGL dependency, from OpenGL 3.0 to 2.0
    • Removed touch from canvas to prevent users from drawing accidentally
    • Removed Drawing Tool's Global Cling option as default cling behaviour has been improved
    • Removed Drawing Tool's realtime cling behaviour so that it will not interfere with the drawing motion of user
    Bug fixes
    • CACANi would crash while selecting strokes, and Affect All Layers is disabled
    • CACANi would sometimes crash when generating inbetween frames.
    • CACANi would sometimes crash when undoing steps performed with the Bone Tool
    • CACANi would crash when creating a new file while a group is still selected with the Bone Tool
    • CACANi would crash after erasing stroke segments and updating colour regions
    • Gap indicators were sometimes still visible even when regions are enclosed
    • Multiple groups could not be regrouped
    • Sometimes the background turned opaque when exporting a GIF image
    • A stroke clung to itself even when Cling to End option was off
    • Setting different resolutions in Export Image window resulted in cropped SVG images
    • The Anti-Aliasing option had no effect when exporting images
    • Auto Restore Colour didn't work when duplicating frames
    • Files were not saved into their proper folders during the auto-saving process
    • Reference images were not loaded when files are opened by dragging them onto the canvas
    • Smart Paste did not work when a cel did not start from Frame 1
    • The Customise Shortcuts window could not be opened after the user double-clicked on the canvas
    • After using 'Ctrl+A' to select all strokes, the wrong tool became active
    • Gradient colour regions sometimes did not display properly
    Unsolved Issues
    • Export SVG image feature is not working properly in this release as a result of the new Masks features. The fix will be in the next release.

Download now from CACANi.sg

Release notes in other languages:
    日本のリリースノート
    Last edited by Hongze; 05-23-2015, 12:45 AM.

The hold frames!! <3 =w=

Comment

Woooow nice verrry thankss!

Comment

Awesome!!! thank you!!! I'm confused what you mean *Added ability to use CACANi offline (perpetual license -30days) ? perpetual is forever?

Comment

• Hongze
          Hongze commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Elordy, the perpetual license does not expire. Of course, the caveat here is that you will not be able to upgrade beyond a certain version. We will provide an upgrade plan to the next version at that point, but it'll not be for some time yet.

Originally posted by ELordy View Post
        Awesome!!! thank you!!! I'm confused what you mean *Added ability to use CACANi offline (perpetual license -30days) ? perpetual is forever?
        if you have a licence that doesn't expire(a perpetual licence) you can use cacani for 30 day before you need to reconnect to the Internet. If you have a subscription license(7 day, 30 day, 90 days, etc ... ) you can use cacani for 7 days offline before needing to connect again.

And to the people working on cacani this update is really awsome loving the new smoothing tool and the ability to use cacani on two machines.

Comment

• Hongze
          Hongze commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! You are right!

And very glad that you like the new smoothing feature! Hope it becomes an indispensable option for you!

• ELordy
          ELordy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Gracias, esa mejora esta fantastica
        Un video con los nuevos features no estaria mal (Y)
        A video with LSS new features would be nice
        Last edited by yramirez; 05-23-2015, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• CACANi Support
          CACANi Support commented
          Editing a comment
          Sí, esto está actualmente en curso. Esperamos darles la semana que viene.

Yes, this is currently in progress. We hope to get them up next week.

First very thanks for updates!
        The Cacani is amazing and is getting better, I really love this software.
        So I want to avoid doing something wrong then I have some doubts on the license
        A question the license will be limited to two machines forever?

If I have two machines
        I will get in trouble if:
        If I format my one machine? he will read a new machine?
        If I buy a new machine? he will read a new machine? Sure, but how do I delete the old machine, since it can only get two.
        Last edited by MaxCajazeiras; 05-23-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxCajazeiras View Post
          First very thanks for updates!
          The Cacani is amazing and is getting better, I really love this software.
          So I want to avoid doing something wrong then I have some doubts on the license
          A question the license will be limited to two machines forever?

If I have two machines
          I will get in trouble if:
          If I format my one machine? he will read a new machine?
          If I buy a new machine? he will read a new machine? Sure, but how do I delete the old machine, since it can only get two.
          I think the license is better, But you should have a request email address to uninstall a license. As MaxCajazeiras is wondering how do you fix a license that the machine is no longer working (hard drive, crash cup failure)?

Dale
          Last edited by dueyftw; 05-24-2015, 12:51 AM. Reason: spelling erroes

Comment

Dear Max and Dale,

Should one of your machines crashed, and you need to install CACANi on a 3rd machine, you will need to send us a request via support@cacani.sg.

Comment

Originally posted by CACANi Support View Post
              Dear Max and Dale,

Should one of your machines crashed, and you need to install CACANi on a 3rd machine, you will need to send us a request via support@cacani.sg.
              Very cool. That make the new license system very workable.

Dale

Comment

Nice! very thanks for excellent work !

Comment

great!!!when will it support audio???

Comment

• Hongze
                    Hongze commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I can assure you we're working on that, but no release dates unfortunately.

The current licensing system is still really inconvenient.
                  I have two computers which I alternate between quite a lot, one for personal stuff and one for college work and today the internet cut out after I deactivated Cacani’s license on one computer but before I got around to activating it on the second and as a result I was unable to use Cacani on either computer.
                  You should take a look at Zbrush or 3d Coats licenses they let you install the software on 2-3 machines under the condition that you only ever run it on one machine at a time and to prevent piracy they have some kind of system that checks when the license is running on more than one machine at the same time.

Comment

• tsubasa
                    tsubasa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree 100% there catherton, I wish Cacani has gone far further fixing this licensing system issue, is like still wearing a chain around the neck.

• nate066
                    nate066 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, it would be cool if Cacani did have a licensing type like zbrush.

And about this version and Cintiq companion 2 it's works much better ?

Comment

Hi! The option "Create Inverted Mask! in the video:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yW_htOEfZY
                    Not appear in my version of Cacani v1.1.8.10827 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X